Why Should You Use GPS Fleet Tracking?
To help manage their operations, more and more fleet operators are deploying GPS fleet tracking solutions in their vehicles. GPS offers distinct competitive advantages, from increases in productivity to cost reductions and better safety monitoring.
The need to deliver on-time and effective service to customers is driving service leaders to look into maximizing the utilization of their current set of resources. Therefore, 67% of Best-in-Class organizations are leveraging fleet management solutions to support service delivery processes, thereby enabling significant improvements in resource productivity and utilization. Sumair Dutta
Senior Research Analyst Aberdeen Group
A November 2010 survey by the Aberdeen Group examined the business drivers that were most critical to companies purchasing a GPS fleet tracking solution. Unsurprisingly, customer demand for improved service performance ranked highest among respondents, with 69% identifying as the highest-pressure reason for needing real-time connectivity to its assets.
But the survey revealed additional business drivers spurring the adoption of the technology, including:
- Need to reduce/eliminate costs (56%)
- Need for increased service organization productivity and efficiency (54%)
- Need for increased service and services-based revenue (41%)
A GPS fleet tracking solution gives you an unprecedented view of your operations:
- Know when your vehicles start for the day, where they travel, how long they stop, and how long stops take.
- Receive real-time alerts when drivers operate the vehicle unsafely, such as when speeding, or when business rules are violated, such as when vehicles are used for personal business after work hours.
- Identify behaviors that cost the company money: excessive idling, longer-than-necessary stops, unnecessary overtime.
When you can capture vehicle usage and measure driver behavior, you can takes steps to improve those areas that can be more efficient or less expensive. A GPS tracking system ensures you receive accurate, actionable data about your everyday operations that can form the foundation for improving operations and saving money.