Simplify solutions, improve customer service and reduce costs.
A critical service outage can wreak havoc with a rural electric cooperative. Already operating on tight budgets and often serving sparsely populated areas, co-ops may need to cover a lot of ground to resolve a loss of power. Coordinating resources to restore customer services can challenge a fleet already spread thin and armed only with trucks and maps.
But co-ops have more riding on their operations than just customer service. The people co-ops serve are also their members, with a critical stake in the cost of operations and managing expenses. In this regard, outages are a one-two punch: the inconvenience of lost service and the loss of revenue for every minute an outage lasts.
Co-ops need fleet solutions that keep them connected to their vehicles and show them who's closest to an outage area. They need tools to coordinate resources and maximize effectiveness - tools that work seamlessly with existing applications and require minimal technical effort to deploy.
Wireless Matrix's solutions power critical business drivers for co-ops:
- Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) mapping and reports display real-time vehicle location and status.
- Vehicle operation and activity reports track asset utilization and indicate improvements and scheduled maintenance
- Greater communications connectivity increases vehicle coverage area for both AVL and mobile work management applications
- Data feeds provide critical information to other Computer Information Systems (CIS) / Outage Management System (OMS) applications
Wireless Matrix is fully integrated with Milsoft's Dispatch and Unplugged OMS applications, and is also a participant in the MultiSpeak initiative. MultiSpeak ensures integrated functionality between FleetOutlook and applications from other leading companies serving the needs of co-ops. These integrations provide reduced complexity and shorten the time to deploy FleetOutlook, improving your return on investment.
Field service companies deploy Wireless Matrix's solutions to:
- Improve schedule efficiencies during outages to better direct technicians based on real-time fleet location
- Decrease outage times
- Reduce vehicle idle time and fuel consumption for improved bottom-line cost
- Complete more work through greater vehicle visibility
- Increase customer service levels and member satisfaction
To see how we can enhance your electric cooperatives capabilities, contact Wireless Matrix today!